- SAQ Code
- Casa Ermelinda Freitas
- Degree of alcohol
- Grape variety
- Alicante Bouschet
Fermentation in stainless steel vats, with temperature control and extended maceration. Matured for 12 months in half barrels of French and American oak.
A garnet-coloured wine that is almost opaque. An aroma reminiscent of very ripe dark fruit preserves, with floral notes that are typical of this grape variety. Velvety and full on the palate, with very well integrated tannins. A long and persistent finish.
Cocktails and pairings
Serve with red meat, game, roasts, strong cheeses and foie gras.
- Gold Medal – Portugal Wine Trophy 2016
- Gold Medal – Concurso Vinhos de Portugal 2016
- Gold Medal – Challenge International du Vin 2016
- Gold Medal – China Wine & Spirits Awards 2015
- Silver Medal – Mundus Vini – Primavera 2015
- Silver Medal – Mundus Vini – Primavera 2016